If you are carrying out any hard landscaping or exterior construction tasks, it’s likely that you will need aggregates of some description for your project. Aggregates can be purely decorative, or an integral part of common construction tasks, which include sub-bases, drainage work, roadways and pathways. Regardless of the application, you’ll be looking for high quality, affordable aggregates in Bournemouth.
This is where Avon Material Supplies (AMS) comes in. As one of the leading suppliers of construction aggregates in Dorset for over 25 years, we have supplied the aggregates used in a number of high profile projects including the development of The Hilton Bournemouth, and various improvements to the Dorset road network.
About AMS’ aggregates
Through our long-standing and successful partnerships with Commercial Recycling and certain other aggregate producers, we are able to supply a complete range of primary and recycled aggregates in Bournemouth, Poole and the surrounding areas.
Spotlight on Commercial Recycling
From their Canford Inert Facility, the organisation is able to produce a complete range of ‘best practice’ recycled aggregates. Each material is manufactured to the highest standard by expert operatives using state of the art facilities, including a specialist washing and screening plant. Learn more about aggregates from Canford Inert Facility.
The quality of the aggregates we supply loose and bagged throughout Bournemouth makes them suitable for a wide range of applications including large-scale construction projects, at-home DIY tasks, professional landscaping and more.
Types of aggregates
We offer a wide variety of Bournemouth aggregates, but some of our most popular include:
- Topsoil alternative – available in 10mm or 20mm options, our affordable topsoil alternative is screened and works just as any other topsoil would. It is ideal for flower beds and repairing lawn damage due to its great drainage properties.
- Washed sharp sand (grit) – used by numerous construction companies and tradesmen, our washed sharp sand is used for laying paving and slabs, as part of concrete production, in lime mortar and more.
- Type 1 recycled – an excellent type 1 limestone alternative used in road and path construction as a suitable sub-base, for hardcore, backfill, trench fill and more.
- Type 1 limestone – our type 1 limestone works as an extremely stable sub-base so is used for car parks, highways and highly trafficked areas where a primary material is a requirement.
- Shingle – we offer 10, 20 and 40mm shingle that is ideal for non-deocorative parking areas and paths, general landscaping and drainage applications such as pipe bedding and soak-aways.
- All in ballast – our all in ballast is a mix of coarse sand and washed gravel that is commonly mixed with cement to produce a strong concrete for foundations and building bases.
- Building sand – used by many construction industry professionals for bricklaying and pointing.
View our full range of Bournemouth aggregates.
Aggregate collections near Bournemouth
All of our Bournemouth aggregates are available loose or bagged and can be collected (from Canford Inert Facility) or delivered locally.
If you’d prefer to pick your aggregates up, you can do so from Canford Inert Facility, which is located next to Canford Recycling Centre near Wimborne. The site benefits from easy access, wide roads, clear signage and an automated weighbridge making it suitable for most vehicle types.
For loose aggregates, we have staff and machinery onsite to help load your vehicle with the material(s) you require. For bagged aggregate collections, please pre-book by calling 01202 579579 so that we can ensure your bulk bags are freshly prepared and ready for when you arrive onsite.
Aggregate deliveries in and around Bournemouth
We also offer aggregate deliveries. Aggregates in bulk bags can be delivered by one of our grab lorries, or loose loads can be dropped off at your premises by one of our grab or tipper trucks on a day that suits you.
For delivery quotes, to arrange a bagged aggregate collection or for more information on aggregates Bournemouth, please contact our experts on 01202 579579 or alternatively email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve been providing aggregates to Dorset’s leading contractors, civil engineers and landscapers for over 25 years so will be able to advise you on the aggregates required for any project you may have in the pipeline.