With the summer holidays now here, many people will be taking advantage of having the time to tackle that long-overdue garden renovation, have a good clean out of unwanted household waste, or start a new DIY project.
Whatever your summer project may be, you’ll need the right equipment to hand to allow for any waste to be easily removed.
For smaller waste clearances or areas where a skip won’t fit, the ideal solution for many will be a skip bag and skip bag collection service.
What is a skip bag?
Skip bags, or bulk bags as they are sometimes known, are a convenient and lightweight alternative to traditional metal skips, which make small disposals much easier and practical.
The durable bags we use measure at 90cmx90cmx90cm, and are made from woven polypropylene, making them strong enough to be able to carry up to a single tonne of waste.
Skip bags are delivered flat packed, making them simple to store around the house, in a garage or a vehicle until required.
If you are wondering whether a traditional skip or skip bag service would be most suitable for your renovation, check out our article which outlines the differences between mini skips and skip bags Bournemouth.
Benefits of using our skip bag service in Bournemouth and Poole
As previously mentioned, skip bags can be an excellent alternative to traditional skip services. Here are some of the top benefits of using a skip bag service from AMS:
- Due to the material the skip bags are made of, they shouldn’t mark or damage block-paved driveways like a skip would.
- Filled skip bags from AMS are disposed of at a local specialist recycling centre to ensure high levels of the collected waste are recycled and not sent to landfill.
- Skip bags can often be used where limited access onsite makes conventional skip hire impossible.
- AMS complete skip bag collections within 5 working days of a collection request, meaning you won’t have to wait weeks for a collection service.
- Skip bags can be kept for as long as you need them because they are delivered flat packed for easy storage.
- AMS can collect suitable skip bags from other companies such as Hippo Bags.
If you need more information about skip bags in Bournemouth or Poole, please contact our expert team on 01202 579579 who will be happy to talk you through the benefits of using an AMS skip bag for your waste collection.
What waste can be disposed of in a skip bag?
At AMS, we can arrange skip bag collections for;
AMS measure at 90cm x 90cm x 90cm when they are fully opened and can store 1 cubic yard, equivalent to 1 tonne of waste (approximately 10 barrow loads).
What waste can’t be disposed of in skip bags?
Just like conventional skips, you are unable to dispose of hazardous or harmful materials such as asbestos, liquids, anything explosive (such as gas canisters), fluorescent tubes, tyres, medical waste, TVs or computer monitors, in a skip bag.
If you are in any doubt about whether a waste item can be placed in your skip bag, contact our friendly team today on 01202 579579 for further guidance.
Where can I arrange a skip bag collection?
AMS offer skip bag collections in Bournemouth, Poole and throughout the BH postcode area. Once you have provided us with the location of your filled skip bag we will send out one of our grab lorries to collect it.
There are a few things you will need to be aware of when arranging a skip bag collection with AMS;
- When we remove your filled skip bag, it will not be returned to you. If you require another skip bag, we stock plenty for all waste streams that you can purchase.
- We can collect skip bags and bulk bags from other suppliers such as Hippo or Rhino; as long as they are in a suitable condition to be safely lifted and removed, and filled with waste type(s) we are licensed to collect.
- Please ensure that the bag is filled with the correct type of waste in a level manner that ensures the materials do not spill over the top. The skip bags in Bournemouth we use can hold about 1 tonne of waste, so please use the correct number of bags for your project.
- Your skip bag should be left in a position that is easily accessible for our grab lorry. To help the process run smoothly, you should leave the filled skip bag relatively close to a road and as far away from any overhead cables or trees.
If you’ve decided that a skip bag and skip bag collection service is the best choice for your next project, contact AMS today. Our friendly and knowledgeable team will be more than happy to offer further guidance and help you to book a convenient skip bag removal service. Just call us up on 01202 579579.
For future news and updates, follow our Facebook page here >>