Order a skip bag
To get started, simply order an empty skip bag(s) and Avon Material Supplies will deliver the bag directly to you. *Please note this service is only available in BH postcode areas.
Using A Skip Bag
Firstly unpack the skip bag and open up the four corners to ensure the bag is free standing and fully opened. Once the initial set up process is completed simply fill the bag with waste like you would with a skip.
Please note skip bags cannot be used to store or transport hazardous, chemical or liquid wastes. If you would like further information on accepted waste types please contact our friendly team on 01202 579 579.
Top tips to fill a bag:
- Position your bag correctly before you begin to fill it. Once filling has begun it can become extremely difficult to move the bag due to its increased weight
- Break bigger items down as much as possible
- Place any dirt or soil at the bottom of the bag to bulk it out
- Make sure that you keep pulling the sides up as you fill to ensure that you get as much as possible in the bag to achieve maximum value for your money
- Do not overfill the skip bag
Other Useful Information
- Skip bags should not be placed on a public right of way. If you do need to put a skip bag on a public highway or pavement, you must contact the local council to arrange for a suitable permit to be issued before placing the bag (an additional fee will apply)
- Skip bags are collected by Avon Material Supplies in the BH postcode area only
- Skips bags are removed at collection and not returned