Join our team – Assistant Transport Manager
We are delighted to be recruiting for the full-time role of Assistant Transport Manager.
The successful candidate will be based at our offices within Canford Recycling Centre, Arena Way, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 3BW and be an integral part of maintaining the high standards of fleet operations Avon Material Supplies is renowned for.
Principal job responsibilities
This position will involve assisting the Transport Manager to maintain the company’s Operators License and to ensure the vehicle fleet and its drivers are compliant with Operators License/VOSA requirements.
You will also assist with ensuring that Health & Safety and Environmental compliance standards are maintained and improved.
You will ensure that vehicles are adequately manned to provide the highest level of availability to the Transport Coordinators, including management of employed, agency and self-employed drivers.
- Knowledge of VOSA vehicle regulations/Operators License requirements
- Knowledge of drivers’ working time directive
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, and of Environmental legislation
- Enthusiastic and committed person capable of working with others, a good team player
- Capable of operating IT systems including MS Word processing, MS Outlook emails, MS Excel, and an internal database software system
- Holder of a current Transport Manager CPC, or the ability to works towards obtaining the qualification
- Holder of a Class 2, Category C Driving License
- Holder of a current Health & Safety Training Certificate (NEBOSH/IOSH Managing Safely Certificate or similar), Fire Marshall, First Aid, etc*
*Desirable but not a requirement – if certification is not already held additional training can be provided
Based at Canford Recycling Centre, Arena Way, Magna Road, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 3BW
More information and how to apply
For further details or to apply, please email email@example.com. Please include all information relevant to why you would be suitable for the role.