Join our team – Transport Coordinator
We are delighted to be recruiting for the full-time role of Transport Coordinator. The successful candidate will be based at our offices within Canford Recycling Centre, Arena Way, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 3BW.
Principal job responsibilities
To work with the existing Transport Coordinator to provide a high standard of service to customers, whilst effectively utilising drivers and vehicles. To efficiently programme and route the fleet of approximately 27 vehicles, comprising of tippers, grab loaders, skip loader, RoRo lorries, Volumetric Concrete and support vehicles.
- Hours: Full-time role, contracted hours – 47 ½ hours per week
- Holiday Entitlement: 31 days (incl public holidays & 3 days compulsory Christmas shut down)
- Pay Rate: From £23,000 subject to experience.
Key Accountabilities, Responsibility & authority
- To provide excellent levels of customer service dealing with customer orders. A good telephone manner, tidy mind and an ability to work under pressure is essential.
- Efficient answering of incoming calls and entering of accurate orders onto the company’s order systems. A basic understanding of Excel, Word and common computer programmes will be required.
- To efficiently manage the drivers working day, producing Drivers Daily Work Sheets and process delivery notes ready for invoicing.
- Ensure all orders are completed and correct details placed against each job such as vehicle registration, vehicle type, driver, waste description, weight, ticket number, etc.
- To ensure that daily rounds are routed in a way which is most economically advantageous to make the best use of driver hours and mileage costs, thus maximising profitability.
- To ensure the Daily Work Record is kept up to date and accurate.
- To provide sufficient support of colleagues within the Transport Department.
- Assist the Transport Manager in maintaining compliance of the vehicle fleet and its drivers.
- Assist the Transport Manager to ensure that all vehicles and drivers operate within the guidelines of VOSA and the law.
- Ensure that the policies of the company are adhered to at all times.
- To comply with current company Health & Safety Policy and help maintain and improve Health & Safety standards.
- To comply with all environmental legislation.
- To ensure that drivers are informed and they maintain Health & Safety standards and Environmental Legislation.
Skills, Knowledge and experience
- Previous vehicle routing experience would be preferable.
- Waste industry experience would be preferable, but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of drivers working time directive.
- Knowledge of VOSA vehicle regulations/Operators License requirements.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of applicable Environmental Legislation.
- Enthusiastic and committed person capable of working with others.
- A good team player.
- Capable of operating IT systems including MS Office word processing, MS Outlook emails, Excel.
Please Note: Training can be provided to meet the requirements stated above
More information and how to apply
For further details or to apply, please email email@example.com. Please include all information relevant to why you would be suitable for the role.