Tipper or grab, what truck type is best for you?
The strong demand that exists in Dorset and Hampshire for both vehicle types means AMS operate an up-to-date vehicle fleet that includes various sized tipper and grab lorries.
Speak to a member of our friendly team today on 01202 579579 to find out more or to hire a tipper or grab truck.
AMS tipper and grab fleet overview
AMS’s modern fleet includes:
- 6 wheel tipper lorries with a carrying capacity of 15 tonnes
- 8 wheel tipper lorries with a carrying capacity of 20 tonnes
- 4 wheel grab lorry with a carrying capacity of 8 tonnes
- 6 wheel grab lorries with a carrying capacity of 12 tonnes
- 8 wheel grab lorries with a carrying capacity of 16 tonnes
Grab lorry or tipper lorry?
When choosing the right kind of lorry, we think it is important to consider the following pros and cons for each vehicle type.
Pros and cons of grab lorries
- Grab lorries can be used on sites with limited access or space
- Loads can be tipped or grabbed off
- Larger choice of vehicle sizes
- Grab lorries can ‘grab’ waste from site
- Grab lorries can deliver product and then take away waste from a site all in one journey
- Grabs are more expensive to hire than the equivalent sized tipper lorry
- Grabs have a smaller carrying capacity than the equivalent sized tipper lorry
- Grab lorries are in high demand and therefore sometimes same day availability can be difficult
Pros and cons of tipper lorries
- An aggregate delivery using a tipper lorry is cheaper than the equivalent delivery on a grab lorry
- Tippers have larger carrying capacities than the comparably sized grab lorry
- Tippers can provide a quicker turnaround service
- Tipper lorries are able to deliver product and then take away waste from a site on the same trip
- Tippers require a larger space on site to operate
- Tippers can only be loaded on-site if the appropriate machinery and operator are provided
Further information and ordering