Local, low-cost tipper truck hire
Tipper truck hire in and around Bournemouth and Poole is what we do! As an operator of a large, modern fleet of tipper trucks, Avon Material Supplies (AMS) is perfectly placed to help you with your next project.
The 6 and 8 wheel tipper trucks we operate are predominantly hired by main contractors, subcontractors and individuals who require large volumes of material to be delivered to or removed from a site.
We offer competitive tipper truck rates, which are chargeable on either a per delivery/collection basis or on a full day hire rate. AMS also offers discounted tipper truck rates for larger jobs. To learn more, please contact our friendly sales team on 01202 579579.
Choosing the right sized tipper truck
The bodies of tippers when unfilled are completely empty and free from any equipment that takes up vital space. It is this fact that means a 6 or 8 wheel tipper will carry a far larger volume of material than an equivalently sized grab lorry (please see below).
Carrying capacities of our tipper trucks:
|Tipper truck size||Approx. carrying capacity||Grab lorry size||Approx. carrying capacity|
|6 Wheel||15 tonnes||6 Wheel||12 tonnes|
|8 Wheel||19.5 tonnes||8 Wheel||16 tonnes|
So, when is it right to choose a tipper truck?
In almost all circumstances we would advise a customer to choose a tipper truck when the following statements are true.
- The access to the site or property is clear and at least 3m wide
- There is a suitable space on-site to manoeuvre the lorry
- The roadway is stable and suitable for lorries that can weigh up to (approximately) 32 tonnes
- There are qualified people available on-site with the appropriate lifting equipment to be able to load the tipper truck if it has been hired for a muckaway or site clearance service
If some of the above statements can’t be applied to your project, it would be best to consider hiring a grab lorry, roro (rollonoff) or skip. For further advice, please contact our sales team on 01202 579579.
Top 5 jobs our tipper trucks complete in and around Bournemouth
- Muckaway – clearance of inert waste from a site
- Site waste clearances – removal of general construction waste from a site
- Delivery of CRL’s (Commercial Recycling’s) manufactured top soil alternative
- Delivery of 6f5 aggregates
- Delivery of 10, 20 & 40mm shingles
Further information and orders
To place an order or to discuss your own project with one of our experts, please contact our tipper truck sales team on 01202 579579