We are looking to recruit a General Administrator for our busy Transport Office at Canford Recycling Centre.
Avon Material Supplies own and operate a modern fleet of over twenty five HGV lorries ranging from tipper lorries, grab lorries and artics, to concrete lorries and suction road brush. This role will provide colleagues in the Transport Office with general administration support.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm (½ hour lunch break unpaid)
- Basic contracted hours: 37 ½ hours per week. Additional overtime hours available where agreed by both parties at same hourly rate
- Pay Rate: Basic rate £9.50 per hour, equates to annual salary of £18,525
- Holiday: 31 days incl Bank Holidays (3 days retained for compulsory Christmas Shutdown)
- Location: Canford Recycling Centre, Arena Way, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 3BW
- Reportable to: Niall Roberts, General Manager.
- Responsible for: None
Key Accountabilities, Responsibility & authority
- To provide general administration support to colleagues in the Transport Office.
- A basic understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook and common computer programmes will be required.
- Efficient answering of incoming calls and good telephone manner as you will be required to help answer the phones and take messages during busy times.
- Printing, photocopying, scanning and emailing.
- To manually sort the Drivers Daily Work Sheets and process delivery notes ready for Invoicing.
- Ensure all orders are completed, and correct details placed against each job such as vehicle registration, vehicle type, driver, waste description, weight, ticket number, etc. (Basic data entry).
- Taking credit card payments over the phone using the company computer system. (training will be given)
- Assist the Transport team in maintaining compliance records for the vehicle fleet and its drivers.
- Ensure that the policies of the company are adhered to at all times.
- To carry out any other duties as requested by the Company within your skills and competency.
Skills, Knowledge and experience
- Enthusiastic and committed person capable of working with others.
- A good team player.
- Capable of operating IT systems including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook emails.
Please note: Training will be provided on the Company’s bespoke software system
More information and how to apply
If you know of anyone who might be a good fit for the role please send CV’s to email@example.com.